Due to COVID-19, we will no longer be maintaining a communal club equipment system (explained in the Hygiene Protocols) but will be ensuring equipment and gear is still available. A refundable deposit of $100.00 will be required to secure a set of equipment and gear for the duration of your registration with the club. This deposit will be returned once all club equipment and gear are returned undamaged.
Hygiene Reopening Protocols & Policies
Club Hygiene Behaviour:
• ALL high-touch surfaces to be washed and disinfected (door handles, light switches, counters, faucets…).
• Bathrooms to be cleaned and sanitized DAILY.
• Hand sanitizer station at entrance to be used by EVERYONE prior to entry and exit.
• NO food permitted in order to discourage the frequency of touching one’s face.
• NO equipment or gear will be shared and the club will not provide communal equipment and gear. Athletes must bring and use their personal equipment and gear.
o OSM Fencing Club will provide equipment and gear for dedicated use by each athlete. The athlete will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing of this equipment and gear, the storage of this equipment and gear, as well as its transport to and from the club. A DEPOSIT of $100.00 will be required to secure the equipment and gear for use which will be held until the athlete wishes to return that equipment and gear.
• Clean ALL club equipment after use.
• NO personal equipment to be left overnight at the club. ALL personal equipment to be taken home for cleaning and storage.
Personal Hygiene Behaviour:
• EVERY athlete to bring a personal face towel to prevent wiping of sweat with hand or sleeve.
• EVERY athlete to bring a personal water bottle.
• AVOID breathing heavily on or near anyone. Move outdoors to cool down if necessary.
• Disinfect your equipment bag PRIOR to arrival.
• Disinfect your cellphone FREQUENTLY.
• Keep ALL personal belonging in or close to your bag. DO NOT leave personal belonging around the club venue or in/beside someone else’s belongings.
• DO NOT leave personal equipment at the club to dry off. ALL personal equipment and belongings must be taken home after each session.
Fencing Hygiene Behaviour:
• ALL reels to be disinfected before and after use.
• ALL scoring machines to be disinfected before and after use.
• Use GLOVED HAND to operate scoring machine buttons.
• NO handshaking or other physical contact with fencing partner or referee before and after practice. Use the standard SOLUTE in place of a handshake.
• Must wear a reusable or disposable FACE MASK while fencing (in addition to the fencing mask).
Parents Hygiene Behaviour:
• REMIND your child/children of the proper hygiene etiquette. • ENCOURAGE your child/children to clean, wash, and disinfect their fencing equipment and gear after being used (body wires, foil/epee/sabre, mask, glove, uniform…).
• ENSURE your child/children use a personal water bottle.
General Hygiene Behaviour:
• Coaches, parents/guardians, and athletes OVER the age of 60 should remain at home.
• AVOID physical contact. DO NOT shake hands, hug, high-five, or touch anyone. ONLY correct contact through use of fencing equipment and gear. • Stay at HOME if you are feeling unwell (displays of respiratory infection).